- 21st January - Sam Pearson's friend Wally dies of pneumonia offscreen. Marian Wilks leaves the village. (Last appearance until 26th October 1978).
- 3rd February - Norah Norris quits her job at the Beckindale Shop.
- 4th February - Wally Lumm's funeral takes place.
- 17th February - After quitting her job, Norah Norris leaves the village. (Final appearance of Norah Norris)
- 18th February - After her mother was admitted to a mental hospital, Sam Pearson's grandniece temporarily moves into Emmerdale Farm with the Sugdens. (First appearance of Rosemary Kendall).
- 11th March - First appearance of Ernie Shuttleworth.
- 17th March - Cracks begin appearing in The Mill, making it unsafe, but the building can not be demolished.
- 18th March - Kathy Davis returns to the village. (First appearance since 17th December 1974)
- 22nd April - James Bonfils leaves the village. (Final appearance of the character)
- 12th May - First appearance of Martin Gimbel.
- 20th May - Liz and Edward Ruskin leave the village. (Final appearance of Liz Ruskin and last appearance of Edward Ruskin until 17th May 1983)
- 14th October - Rosemary Kendall's mother, Jean arrives in the village.
- 28th October - Jean and Rosemary were set to move to Middlesborough, but Rosemary decided to stay in Beckindale, leaving Jean to leave alone.
- 10th November - Final appearance of Jim Gimbel.
- 11th November - Final appearance of Freda Gimbel.
- 24th November - Madge Semple arrives in the village, looking for Emmerdale Farm. (First appearance of the character)
- 1st December - Hilda Semple turns up looking for Madge, wanting her to leave Beckindale.
- 9th December - Madge Semple returns to London. (Final appearance of the character)
Real life eventsEdit
to be added
|←1974 1975 1976→|