- 31st January - Alan Turner gets a surprise when his estranged wife turns up.
- 21st February - First appearance of Caroline Bates.
- 28th February - First appearance of Bill Middleton.
- 20th March - First appearance of Tom Merrick since 25th February 1982 and Sandie Merrick since 17th February 1982.
- 4th March - Leyla Harding is born to Yvonne Harding.
- 18th March - Ross Kirk is born.
- 3rd May - Caroline Bates's dog is shot by Jackie Merrick.
- 4th September - Nathan Wylde is born to Mark and Natasha Wylde.
- 11th September - First appearance of Karen Moore.
- 19th September - Dawn Woods is born to Bob and Jean Hope.
- 27th November - Annie Sugden discovers her father has passed away in the night.
- 29th November - Sam Pearson's funeral takes place
Real life eventsEdit
- 17th January - Kelvin Fletcher (Andy Sugden) born.
- 25th January - Raine Davison (the first Eve Jenson) born.
- 9th March - Joseph Gilgun (Eli Dingle) born.
- 24th May - The last episode Kevin Laffan has wrote airs.
- 14th June - Emmerdale Farm takes a break and returns 11th September.
- 27th September - Toke Townley (Sam Pearson) dies. Sophie Jeffery (the first Donna Windsor) born.
- 15th October - Christopher Smith (the second Robert Sugden) born.
|←1983 1984 1985→|