Emmerdale Farm was the main farm in Beckindale for a number of years, originally built in the 1800s.
List of owners and residentsEdit
Emmerdale Farm was owned by the Miffield Estate and leased to Jacob Sugden. When Jacob died in 1972, his eldest son Jack Sugden inherited the lease. Jack decided to break up the lease of the farm to the rest of the family, giving equal parts to Sam Pearson, Annie Sugden, Peggy Skilbeck and Joe Sugden. Sam decided he didn't want his part in the farm and sold to Henry Wilks.
- 1930s-1972 - Jacob Sugden
- c.1945-1994 - Annie Sugden
- c.1945-1984 - Sam Pearson
- 1946-1973 - Peggy Skilbeck
- 1947-1964, 1972-1973, 1976, 1980-1997 - Jack Sugden
- 1949-1983, 1986-1994 - Joe Sugden
- c.1969-1989 - Matt Skilbeck
- 1975-1976 - Rosemary Kendall