|WELCOME TO THE EMMERDALE WIKIA|
- If you're new to the show, we recommend that you check out the General Information section first to get you up to speed with the creation, concept, general information and rough history of the show...
- ...and then delve into the archives by reading up on past Emmerdale episodes and find out about the characters who currently live in the village and those from days past...
- ...other than that we also recommend pages on the various cast and crew the show has had over the years if you want to dig into the magic behind the scenes.
|ON THIS DAY|
21st May 1992: Frank is panicking on the day of the official opening of the Holiday Village. Nick smells gas at the holiday village. Joe worries when he finds out that Nick has called the gas board. Joe gives Frank the bad news about the gas leak. The gas board are very visible at the holiday village as the reception gets underway. Frank starts to panic as everyone gets restless at being kept in the house. Nick tells him that the gas leak is coming from one of the cabins and it will be another half an hour before it is fixed. He is sent out for more champagne. The opening of the holiday village finally takes place. The ceremony is performed by the Lady Mayoress. Jack and Sarah go to meet Kim and Frank. Frank is excited after the opening ceremony and is not in a hurry to meet Jack. Frank and Kim turn up to meet Jack. They tell him that Robert is welcome back at the holiday village for his riding lessons, but this is not good enough for Jack. Sarah wants Jack to forget the whole gate business for Robert's sake, but he is too pig-headed.
- For more information see Episode 1662 (21st May 1992)
David arrived in late 2006 and immediately turned the ladies' heads. He had come to the village to find his biological father, Eric Pollard. Eric had left David's mother before David was born and had also stolen £20,000 from her.
Before revealing his identity, he got a job at the Factory, attempting to find out more about his mystery father. He also struck up a flirty friendship with fun-loving Del and hoped some romance would come of it. David was disappointed when Del mistakenly thought her uncle Zak was his father and distanced herself. The truth then came out, and Eric was stunned to discover that David was claiming to be his son.
If you're new to Wikia, please use the above links to get started.
If you already have editing experience, and you have an article relating to Emmerdale to contribute, use the box below to create it:
If you're looking to help with improvements or cleanup, you can start here:
Check out the community portal to see what the community is working on, to give feedback,
or just to say hi.
- Friday 19th May 7.00pm
- Thursday 18th May 7.00pm
- Wednesday 17th May 7.00pm
- Tuesday 16th May 7.00pm
- Monday 15th May 7.00pm
Next episode - Monday 22nd May 7.00pm on ITV
"Y'know it doesn't look good for business. They'll think we're holding our own cremations."
|Vanessa Woodfield on Paddy Kirk's barbeque at Smithy Cottage next to the Vet's Surgery|
Refresh for another quote
|DID YOU KNOW...|
- ...that it took the programme almost 29 years to reach its 3000th episode, but due to the show moving to six episodes a week soon afterwards, it only took 10 years to double the total?
- ...that the programme has only ever had one Two-hander episode back in 2000 between Paddy Kirk and Mandy Dingle?
- ...that Swedish band The Cardigans named their 1994 album 'Emmerdale' after becoming enamoured with the soap's name on a visit to the UK?
- ...that the programme has only ever had one live episode, which was broadcast on 17th October 2012 as part of the 40th anniversary celebrations.