|WELCOME TO THE EMMERDALE WIKIA|
- If you're new to the show, we recommend that you check out the General Information section first to get you up to speed with the creation, concept, general information and rough history of the show...
- ...and then delve into the archives by reading up on past Emmerdale episodes and find out about the characters who currently live in the village and those from days past...
- ...other than that we also recommend pages on the various cast and crew the show has had over the years if you want to dig into the magic behind the scenes.
|ON THIS DAY|
22nd January 1991: Amos has fallen asleep packing his things in the backroom. Henry wakes him and is keen to find out what time he will be leaving. Sarah, Annie and Dolly prepare for Amos' farewell party at a speedy pace. Sarah insists that when Jack returns he will be working on the farm rather than attending the party. The removal men begin taking Amos' stuff. Amos watches his belongings be carried away in the van. The villagers set up The Woolpack bar ready to surprise Amos with his party. He walks into the bar and is delighted. Henry buys everybody a drink. Mark decides to take photographs of the party and send them to Kate. Annie eyes Joe and Kim together. Henry toasts Amos as he pulls his last pint - for himself. Kim accidentally knocks into Michael causing him to spill some of his pint. He has a dig at her and she responds. Rachel walks out with Michael when Joe sticks up for Kim. Afterwards, he buys Kim a drink and tries to kiss her but she pulls away. Joe is mortified and returns home, telling Annie if she wants a lift they need to go now. Amos takes one last look around a near-empty Woolpack backroom as he gathers the last of his belongings. He and Henry share a final smoke together before he throws his pipe into the fire. Amos gets Henry to join him on the forecourt as he snatches one last look at the pub. He surprises them both by referring to Henry by his first name rather than 'Mr Wilks' and they hug.
- For more information see Episode 1524 (22nd January 1991)
If you're new to Wikia, please use the above links to get started.
If you already have editing experience, and you have an article relating to Emmerdale to contribute, use the box below to create it:
If you're looking to help with improvements or cleanup, you can start here:
Check out the community portal to see what the community is working on, to give feedback,
or just to say hi.
- Friday 19th January 7.00pm
- Thursday 18th January 8.00pm
- Thursday 18th January 7.00pm
- Wednesday 17th January 7.00pm
- Tuesday 16th January 7.00pm
- Monday 15th January 7.00pm
Next episode - Monday 22nd January 7.00pm on ITV
"Y'know it doesn't look good for business. They'll think we're holding our own cremations."
|Vanessa Woodfield on Paddy Kirk's barbeque at Smithy Cottage next to the Vet's Surgery|
Refresh for another quote
|DID YOU KNOW...|
- ...that it took the programme almost 29 years to reach its 3000th episode, but due to the show moving to six episodes a week soon afterwards, it only took 10 years to double the total?
- ...that the programme has only ever had one Two-hander episode back in 2000 between Paddy Kirk and Mandy Dingle?
- ...that Swedish band The Cardigans named their 1994 album 'Emmerdale' after becoming enamoured with the soap's name on a visit to the UK?
- ...that the programme has only ever had one live episode, which was broadcast on 17th October 2012 as part of the 40th anniversary celebrations.