The peace and tranquillity of the village is shattered when disaster strikes. A crash brings Emmerdale to a stand still, when an out of control lorry driven by Pete, collides with the supermarket bus. The Woolpack regulars hear an almighty thud and rush out to see the carnage. Paddy rushes over to help but injures his arm. Alan is OK but is horrified to discover that he is the only one who has managed to escape from the wreckage and is comforted by Eric and Tricia, so what has become of the other passengers, including Kathy, Sarah, Victoria, Seth, Marc and Butch? New vet Adam Forrester arrives in the village and immediately races over to see if he can help. Relatives of those trapped start to gather waiting for news as the emergency services get to work. And Chris and Zoe spend anxious moments, believing that Frankie and Joseph are on the bus.
- Tricia Stokes - Sheree Murphy
- Eric Pollard - Christopher Chittell
- Paddy Kirk - Dominic Brunt
- Bernice Blackstock - Samantha Giles
- Emily Wylie - Kate McGregor
- Betty Eagleton - Paula Tilbrook
- Viv Windsor - Deena Payne
- Alan Turner - Richard Thorp
- Angie Reynolds - Freya Copeland
- Donna Windsor - Verity Rushworth
- Diane Blackstock - Elizabeth Estensen
- Christopher Tate - Peter Amory
- Adam Forrester - Tim Vincent
- Marc Reynolds - Anthony Lewis
- Zoe Tate - Leah Bracknell
- Victoria Sugden - Hannah Midgley
- Kathy Glover - Malandra Burrows
- Robert Sugden - Christopher Smith
- Andy Sugden - Kelvin Fletcher
- Jack Sugden - Clive Hornby
- Pete Collins - Kirk Smith
- Seth Armstrong - Stan Richards
- Lisa Dingle - Jane Cox
- Frankie Smith - Madeleine Bowyer
- Joseph Tate - Oliver Young (uncredited)
- Zak Dingle - Steve Halliwell
- Sarah Sugden - Alyson Spiro
- Fire Officer - Phil Croft
- P.C. Gemmell - Nicholas Camm
- Triage Doctor - Nigel Gilkes
- Paramedic - Vincent Davies
- Final appearance of Kirk Smith as Pete Collins.
- First appearance of Adam Forrester.
- The credits roll over a shot of the emergency services doing the cleanup operations. The theme tune was also omitted.
- This episode was included on the following commercial releases:
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 13,030,000 viewers (10th place).