Louise is terrified that a battered and bloodied Ray is now in her house threatening her. She tries to distract Ray by questioning why he hounded her. But Louise has come this far and is determined to end her nightmare once and for all. She summons all her courage to face her enemy - the result is fatal. Nothing could prepare Louise for the horror she feels when she realises she has killed Ray. Although she is overwhelmed with guilt, the feeling of relief is greater. Louise’s saviour finally arrives at Mill Cottage. She is exasperated as she confides in him what has happened. They decide to make it look like an accident, as Louise could be charged with murder if the police found out the truth. They decide to join the party at Home Farm and make it appear that she has been around all day. Louise sneaks into the Tate’s struggling to keep a brave face as the Christmas celebrations commence. Zak is busy organising his trip to South America, Sam listens intently thinking they he will at his dad’s side through out the adventure. Zak however doesn’t have the heart to tell him he’ll be going on his own. Walter, Victoria’s imaginary friend, has been eating all the biscuits again at the Sugdens. Jack decides to tries and let his daughter down gently, to no avail.
- Louise Appleton - Emily Symons
- Ray Mullan - Seamus Gubbins
- Zak Dingle - Steve Halliwell
- Sam Dingle - James Hooton
- Emily Kirk - Kate McGregor
- Nicola Blackstock - Nicola Wheeler
- Debbie Jones - Charley Webb
- Paddy Kirk - Dominic Brunt
- Terry Woods - Billy Hartman
- Diane Blackstock - Elizabeth Estensen
- Laurel Potts - Charlotte Bellamy
- Bob Hope - Tony Audenshaw
- Alan Turner - Richard Thorp
- Zoe Tate - Leah Bracknell
- Christopher Tate - Peter Amory
- Charity Tate - Emma Atkins
- Jerry Mackinley - Rob Dixon
- Robert Sugden - Karl Davies
- Jack Sugden - Clive Hornby
- Victoria Sugden - Hannah Midgley
- Lisa Dingle - Jane Cox
- Mill Cottage - Dining room and living room
- Wishing Well Cottage - Living room/kitchen
- Smithy Cottage/Emmerdale Veterinary Centre - Living room and kitchen
- Tenant House - Living room/kitchen
- Home Farm - Kitchen
- The Grange B&B - Guest lounge
- The Woolpack - Bar
- Final appearance of Seamus Gubbins as Ray Mullan.
- This special Boxing Day episode was broadcast at the later time of 8.00pm.
- A dark, ominous piece of music is used in the scenes leading up to Ray's death.
- This episode was included on the following commercial releases:
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 10,330,000 viewers (15th place).