Henry is back and chats to Amos in The Woolpack. Phelps arrives with Angus Seddon and Amos fusses around him by trying to clear the bar; Henry decides to be awkward by ordering a pint. Jack tries to encourage Gwen to be more business minded; she stares at him lovingly. Henry seems determined to hang around while Seddon is looking at David's paintings. Phelps and David get nervous and try desperately try to get rid of him as Henry makes his own comments on David's paintings; he eventually leaves. Seddon doesn't seem impressed. Jack and Gwen go looking in the village for a bike for Gwen. Seddon is highly critical of David's work, he is not impressed and he feels he has had a wasted journey. He tells David he has no real talent. Henry asks after Annie but she's out again. Joe fails to get his motorbike started and is at risk of being late for a date with Penny, Henry offers him a lift but his pride prevents him from taking it. He eventually gets it going and waits for Penny in the pub. David is angry and takes it out on Henry in the middle of the pub. Jack tries to calm him. Phelps feels guilty; he's unable to avoid David. He gets drunk and goes looking for Gwen and finds her with Jack in the bedroom.
- David - Martin Howells
- Gwen - Emily Richard
- Penny - Louisa Martin
- Phelps - John Bown
- Angus Seddon - Geoffrey Russell
- Beckindale village
- The Woolpack - Public bar
- The Mill - Penny's bedroom
- Emmerdale Farm - Farmhouse kitchen/living room, yard
- Sheila Mercier is credited as Annie, despite not appearing in this episode.
- TV Times synopsis: Episode 66: Nicolas Phelps is arranging for an influential art critic to review David Rhys's paintings. Meanwhile Annie Sugden has found a new friend.
- This episode was included on the following commercial releases:
Penny Golightly: (arriving in The Woolpack and noticing oil on Joe Sugden's face) "What ever happened to you?"
Joe Sugden: "Eh?"
Penny Golightly: "Your face!"
Amos Brearly: "Well, he can't help that, lass."
|June 1973 episodes|
|• Mon 4th • Tue 5th • Mon 11th • Tue 12th • Mon 18th • Tue 19th • Mon 25th • Tue 26th|