Ronnie Crossthwaite arrives at Emmerdale Farm. He's come back to Beckindale from Hull to sort the sale of his and Beryl's house. Annie plans a family meal. Liz arrives back from the doctors; Reverend Ruskin worries about her when she seems down. Annie helps Ronnie to pack up some things from the cottage. She offers to organise an estate agent. Henry arrives back in the village with Alison. She says that she's sold her house in Liverpool and is now looking for a job back in Beckindale. Sam discovers Bess has gone missing. The family meal is delayed. Henry talks to Annie about moving on. He also wants to arrange a meeting of Emmerdale Farm Ltd as soon as possible. Bess runs into Dr. Scott's house and eats her supper. Jack goes to collect her. Peggy arrives for the meal as Henry and Jack leave. Jack gets on well with Dr. Scott, he asks her out for a meal and she accepts.
- Annie - Sheila Mercier
- Jack - Andrew Burt
- Peggy - Jo Kendall
- Sam - Toke Townley
- Wilks - Arthur Pentelow
- Amos - Ronald Magill
- Ruskin - George Little
- Liz - Daphne Green
- Alison - Carolyn Moody
- Dr. Scott - Joanna Tope
- The Woolpack - Public bar
- Crossthwaites' cottage - Living room
- Vicarage - Lounge
- Emmerdale Farm - Farmhouse kitchen/living room
- First appearance of Alison Gibbons since 17th April 1973.
- TV Times synopsis: Episode 75: Ronnie Crosswaite takes advantage of Annie's good nature. After Bess's bad behaviour, Jack makes amends to Dr. Scott.
- This episode was included on the following commercial releases:
|July 1973 episodes|
|• Mon 2nd • Tue 3rd • Mon 9th • Tue 10th • Mon 16th • Tue 17th • Mon 23rd • Tue 24th • Mon 30th • Tue 31st|