- This wiki contains individual articles for all years beginning with 1900. All years prior to 1900 do not have individual articles or categories relating to those years.
Emmerdale history Edit
- 17th May 1507 - The village of Beckindale is established.
- 1782 - James Gough is born to Samuel and Elizabeth Gough.
- 1784 - Hannah Elizabeth Gough is born to Samuel and Elizabeth Gough.
- 1797 - The Beckindale Charter states that any man who spends two consecutive nights on common land should be granted peaceful tenancy.
- 23rd May 1800 - Hannah Elizabeth Gough marries Matthew Pearson in Robblesfield Church.
- 1801 - Samuel and Elizabeth Gough die from smallpox. Lucy Briggs is accused of starving them.
- 1802 - James Gough and Lucy Briggs marry.
- 1802 - Lucy Gough falls ill and dies. Hannah Elizabeth Gough is accused of killing her as she made Lucy a herbal tea before her death, and had previously accused her of killing Samuel and Elizabeth.
- 1802 - On the belief that she killed Lucy Gough, Hannah Elizabeth Gough found guilty of murder and hanged behind The Woolpack. Her body would not later be found until 1978.
- 1841 - Jeremiah Braithwaite, Arthur Braithwaite's uncle is born.
- c.1850 - Jacobs Fold is built.
- 1855 - Joshua Sugden is killed in action during the Crimean war.
- June 1882 - St. Mary's Church is burned down by a local schoolboy.
- 1891 - The cricket tradition of the Butterworth Ball starts between the villages of Beckindale and Robblesfield.
- 5th December 1896 - Sam Pearson is born.
- 1897 - Arthur Braithwaite is born.
- 1898 - Wally Lumm is born.